Thursday, June 5, 2008

100 MPG

I was just having a conversation about gas prices and vehicles and then came home and watched a little CNN and saw a piece on this car. I NEED one of these to run around in during the day when I am alone. I don't LOVE that I drive a gas guzzling giant SUV and I know that a lot of time I am alone (anyone remember the part on Over the Hedge?) in it, but I also know that a lot of time I need the passenger capacity. We have lots of friends in the car with us a lot of the time and it's not like it used to be..I remember driving around when I was little with about 5 or 6 of us in the back seat and getting the "hump" was gold! But now it's a seatbelt for everyone and everyone in a seatbelt so what do you do?

So, problem solved - I'll just get one of these for when I am all alone or when I only have one of the girls with me. Either that or I'll wait for the day they make SUVs with a pod that comes off for one person...

2 comments:

Lela said...

We were driving by the gas station yesterday when my husband says, "Huh, it looks like the price of gas is actually starting to come down." It was $3.71 - apparently down from $3.74 the day before. Woohoo! Yippie! I told him that's a sure sign they've successfully retrained the gas-buying consumer - when we're excited about $3.71. Hey, it's still under $4... for now.

The Traxsons said...

That is one crazy looking car!