Monday, July 14, 2008

To the Woman in the White Toyota in the Walmart Parking Lot Chatting on Her Phone

First of all please take note of my new spelling of Walmart in the title to reflect their new logo, in the past I've always used the hyphen but these times they are a changing.

No back to you - Phone Chatting, White Toyota Woman - Yes, I saw you moseying up the aisle as I was about to back out and yes, I could have stopped and waited for you to pass before I continued to back out but not only did I not wait, I decided to back out anyway just because it was you. I know, I know - "Do Unto Others" - but I kind of do wish someone had done this to me, especially if I had just done to those other people in the parking lot what you did. When you came up on that long line of cars in front of Walmart did you really think they were just stopped there for the fun of it? That they were all waiting for their spouse that ran in for a loaf of bread real quick? No, there was a reason they were stopped. There was NO reason for you to just pass them all by so when the first car was able to go (after waiting for a car to back out or to let a pedestrian walk across, or some other valid reason for being stopped) everyone else had to wait for you to finish passing them all up. Seriously - I know Walmart just repaved the parking lot but I don't remember seeing a passing lane.

Oh well, even if you are reading this I'm sure it doesn't mean anything because you were in your own little world and probably don't even realize you were so rude. I'm also pretty sure the person you were chatting on the phone with got an earful about the person that backed out in front of you since it was your own little parking lot playground. But I am sorry - to my children. Girls, "Two wrongs don't make a right".

No comments: