Sunday, September 7, 2008

Childhood Toys

Mom recently sent me one of these "getting to know your friends" e-mails. Question #34 was "What was your favorite toy owned as a child?" Two of my toys that are at the top of my memory are a blue penguin refrigerator and Peaches 'n Cream Barbie. If only this refrigerator isn't over $100 on eBay, I would own it. Especially with Peyton's love of penguins. Oh, and Peaches 'n Cream Barbie with her iridescent top - I wouldn't enjoy her at all now since peach is one of my least favorite colors! What toys do you remember from your childhood?




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about my baby alive doll that I lost in our house fire....Let's see I was going into 6th grade and haven't owned another one since. I know Christy...you are thinking...how do I remember with that being so long ago....hey I am still traumatized from that!

Christy said...

Sheila - No, I wasn't thinking how do you remember with that being so long ago...I was actually trying to figure out if I was born yet when you were in sixth grade :).

Lindsay said...

I had barbies out the wah-hoo and lots of stuffed animals. My best friend had Peaches & Cream (she's 3yrs younger than me) Barbie & the Rockers was out when I was prime Barbie age.

Lela said...

All I ever wanted was a Baby Alive. She peed and pooped. And I never got her. I did however get the real thing when I was 28, so... turns out changing diapers was overrated.