Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Internet is Getting Out of Control...

...and I love it! Do you ever blog about the twitter on facebook at myspace? Probably not but you probably could!

Blogs
I've been blogging for about a year and three months. What originally started as a blog for family and friends to keep caught up with the girls turned into three. I call them all therapy (does that make you my therapist?).
Myspace
I joined the myspace world last summer (I think). But you probably can't find me and I'm not at all active there. I only did it so I could see pictures from my brother's car accident. Seriously, my only friends are Tom and my brother Neal. I don't like myspace because I think it's busy. All those things that go blinky and flashy and that moving animation - stroke inducing. Even if you keep your page all clean and simple, someone might send you something that is blinky and flashy. Am I getting old?
Facebook
Added a few months ago. Similar to myspace but not so busy. Even the "busy" stuff is packaged nicely (okay, I AM getting old!). I am a little active on this so add me as a friend if you are too!
Twitter
Fun. The site describes it as "Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?". It's like "Status" on Facebook but you can also text what you are doing. You also have option to receive texts of what your friends are doing.
.
Who says we are all losing contact with each other because we are sitting at our computers? I know a lot more about some of you than I ever would BECAUSE of the computer!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I could not agree more with you about myspace. I finally gave in to peer pressure and signed up just to see my best friend's pictures. I rarely do anything on there and I hear about it from my coworkers who I've added as friends on my account. They want to know why I don't have pictures of Mason on there and my answer is simply--I already have 2 blogs. If you want to see pics--go there!

And yes-I think if we were a decade younger, we'd enjoy it!

The Traxsons said...

yeah, myspace makes me crazy. i hate it. i have not checked out twitter although i've heard about it. i might have to check that one out too :)

Lela said...

I totally agree. I have found almost all my old buddies on Facebook. That never would have happened without the Internet!

Lela said...

Okay, wait - I agree with Christy. And you MySpace people need to get on Facebook. Way nicer for us old people. It's much prettier too!